In this online event, you will hear:
- What is racism and anti-racism, and do we need to focus on definitions?
- What is the impact of racism and anti-racism, on individuals and organisations?
- What concrete actions can each individual employee and organisation take?
As FIBS DEI survey of 2022 shows, a majority of companies in Finland consider diversity and inclusion as crucial for their success. Much of corporate DEI initiatives have focused on increasing awareness of the impact of difference and providing tools to managers to foster inclusion. In recent months racism and anti-racism have been widely debated topics in the Finnish context. This increased attention to racism and anti-racism is both highly needed, and will accelerate the pace of change and strengthen the impact of DEI work.
During this online event we will define racism and anti-racism, necessary in order to set the stage for productive conversations. We will explore how racism affects individuals emotionally and organizations operationally, and how anti-racism fosters positive change. Together we will discover actionable steps both individuals and organizations can take to promote anti-racism and inclusion in their daily work life and in organisational practices.
Starting an anti-racist work can however be challenging and raise following questions:
- Does our organisational culture have the elements needed for change?
- Are we aware of our challenges?
- Do we have structures in place that will support us in our anti-racist work?
In the event you will get insights and perspective helping you answer these questions and you will have the opportunity to exchange thoughts, ideas and experiences with other professionals interested in the topic.
The event language is English.
- Federico Ferrara, Senior DEI consultant, Includia Leadership
- Jonna Louvrier, CEO, Includia Leadership
- Ahmed Mesaedy, Suomen Pakolaisapu
- Heidi Kaihu, Rovio
- Everyone interested in anti-racism, diversity and inclusion in the workplace
The event is included in the FIBS Perus -service fee.
Registration can be canceled free of charge.
email@example.com, 040 865 1285