Business & Human Rights Group 2023
The Group is now full and registration closed.
This March event kicks off the series of Business and Human Rights trainings and workshops, where the same group of FIBS Pro members meet four times during 2023 to discuss different aspects of integrating human rights into business and get inspiration and insights from other Finnish and international companies and organizations.
The first session focuses on Human Rights in Supply Chain
In this FIBS Practice event, you will
- get an understanding on how to better integrate human rights in supplier management;
- get advice, tips and insights on what your company should do beyond Tier 1 suppliers;
- hear key notes including examples from companies on what they have learned in their work; and
- share reflections and experiences while getting inspired by discussions and team work.
As part of the corporate responsibility to respect human rights, companies of all sizes are expected not only to avoid causing or contributing to adverse human rights impacts, but also to address those impacts that are directly linked to their operations, products or services by their business relationships.
Adverse human rights impacts can occur at any level of a supply chain – not only at the first tier of direct suppliers, but at multiple levels and layers of sub-suppliers and sub-contractors, including raw material providers. The expectation is that companies know and show what these impacts could be and what is done to prevent, mitigate and remediate them. Therefore, to meet the responsibility to respect human rights, companies need to understand human rights risks at all levels of their supply chain.
- Sandra Atler, Director of the Human Rights and Business Practice Group, Enact Sustainable Strategies
- Riikka Mikkola, Senior ESG Enablement Manager (focus on social and governance agenda), A.P. Moller – Maersk
- Rishi Sher Singh, CEO, World of Gears
- Nazrin Huseinzade, Business and human rights advisor, Enact Sustainable Strategies
The topic will be introduced and discussions facilitated by the experienced team of Enact Finland, Hanna-Riitta Kurittu and Reetta Loponen and hosted by FIBS’s CR Specialist Greta Andersson. Additional speakers and speaker presentations will be provided later.
These sessions will cover: human rights in supply chain (23 March), human rights aspects in audits (8 June), next steps after impact assessments (19 September), and a topical human rights issue (TBC; 5 December). Registration is binding.
The events are targeted at FIBS Pro member companies who already have embarked on the journey of human rights and want to deepen their knowledge on these specific issues.
- Max 2 persons/ organization.
- The participants will remain the same throughout the year to build trust and commitment and enable sharing of learnings but also mistakes made in their sustainability work.
The sessions will be interactive and dialogue-based and include briefs by experts from Enact Sustainable Strategies as well as key notes by companies and other experts.
The event is included in FIBS Pro service fee.
The participation can be cancelled 48h before the event via the link in the confirmation email. Please remember to cancel if the situation requires so: We will charge €150 + VAT for a no-show that was not cancelled or informed us in advance.
FIBS’ team, 040 865 1285, firstname.lastname@example.org