In this FIBS online event you will:
- learn more about Natural Climate Solutions Procurement and NCS carbon credits
- hear how companies can set up a system for the procurement of high-quality NCS carbon credits
- have an opportunity to discuss the topic with other participants in an interactive co-learning style online session
Natural Climate Solutions (NCS), such as maintaining and restoring healthy forests, agricultural land and coastal ecosystems, have potential in reducing emissions to limit global warming. In addition, they provide many benefits for people and nature, such as the preservation and restoration of biodiversity, provision of ecosystem services and support for sustainable livelihoods. But despite their vast potential, NCS attract little public and private investment.
Businesses must understand the opportunities associated with Natural Climate Solutions and how they can help tackle climate change and biodiversity loss while also providing numerous socio-economic benefits to local communities and society at large.
The deep dive will focus on Natural Climate Solutions Procurement. The NCS Alliance’s has published a new draft of Buyer’s Guide on NCS Carbon Credits, which aims to support companies that have decided to purchase credits in setting up a system for the procurement of high-quality NCS carbon credits. The draft is available on demand (launch Q1 2023).
The deep dive session builds upon the introduction webinar. The session is organized in cooperation with The Natural Climate Solutions Alliance. The NCS Alliance conveys the voice of businesses, NGOs and solution providers on the need to mobilize a high integrity demand for high quality NCS.
The event will be available later as a recording – by registering you will receive a link to the recording via email.
- Katherine Duff, Project Leader in Boston Consulting Group, and one of the creators of the Buyer’s Guide on NCS Carbon Credits (published soon)
- Giulia Carbone, Director, NSCA
- Jennicca Gordon, Associate, NCSA
Anyone interested in climate finance and Natural Climate Solutions.
The event is included in FIBS membership fee.
FIBS webinar participation can be cancelled free of charge.
FIBS’ team, 040 865 1285, email@example.com