In this FIBS Practice you will hear
- What human rights are and how they are defined
- What kinds of human rights risks typically occur in risks countries
- How to prepare for human rights risks, and how to mitigate them especially in challenging contexts
The training will consider human rights impacts that companies may have in countries that are considered risk countries from a human rights perspective. The risks that might appear in these countries are usually broader than can be found in a company’s risk assessment, and can be related to factors such as culture differences between the risk countries and Finland / foreign countries.
During the training, we will go through companies’ direct and indirect human rights impacts as well as best practices to mitigate the negative impacts. We will discuss e.g. the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and its ’Protect, Respect and Remedy’ framework and how it can be implemented in practice.
We will touch upon questions like what kind of risk assessments companies can conduct and what type of tools can be used to mitigate negative human rights impacts. Tools like audits and human rights impact assessments will be discussed.
- FIBS’ Pro-members whose business focuses primarily on production, sales or procurement, who want to gain a basic level understanding on human rights in supply chains and risk countries
- The event is especially useful for participants who need an update on how human rights relate to business, or whose companies have only recently started to assess their human rights risks and impacts
- Max 2 persons/organization
Alongside FIBS’ specialists, the event will be run by Sustainability Consultants Vanessa Nyman and Sofia Donner, and Associate Partner Carina Ohm from Ernst & Young.
Carina is heading the Nordic Climate Change and Sustainability Services at EY. She has extensive experience in working with multinational clients with subjects such as Human Rights.
Furthermore, we will hear Finlayson’s Corporate Responsibility Manager Elli Ojala’s presentation on how Finlayson has incorporated human rights management in their supply chain management especially in risk countries.
The event is included in FIBS Pro membership fee.
Miira Kokkonen, 044 367 3632, miira.kokkonen(at)fibsry.fi
In cooperation with FIBS Partner