In this FIBS Practice training you will
- get a thorough step-by-step introduction to the internationally acclaimed framework Natural Capital Protocol
- get the knowledge to start your own natural capital assessment
- hear about potential applications, how to scale this approach, as well as the challenges and opportunities of its adoption within your business
Businesses have engaged with sustainability for many years now, tackling topics such as climate change, water issues, land use etc. However, the corporate community has recently started to recognize the benefits of taking a ‘systems based’ approach to their relationship with nature. As experience has developed, so too has the understanding that tackling a single sustainability issue does not give a robust approach to managing broader business risks and opportunities.
Natural capital assessments help companies to better assess their impacts and dependencies on nature, across a range of sustainability issues, providing trusted, credible information to better manage business risks and opportunities.
The Natural Capital Protocol is an internationally recognized framework for business to identify, measure and value its direct and indirect impacts and dependencies on natural capital. Join our training to learn how your business can benefit from it!
Fasilitator and speaker
Marta Santamaria is Natural Capital Coalition’s Policy Director. She has more than 15 years of experience promoting environmental economics and natural capital valuation, both in the public and the private sectors. Prior to her appointment at the Coalition, Marta worked as Scientific Project Officer for the European Commission’s Institute for Energy and Transport. In the past, she has worked, among others, for PwC, and the Spanish National Research Centre of Energy, Environment and Technology.
Lena Sammeli is sustainability manager at Sveaskog. Lena has a master of science in Forestry and has worked for three decades with plant production, forest nurseries and forest regeneration with a special interest in sustainable solutions. Since three years as sustainability manager for all of Sveaskog. Lena has among other things led the work with Sveaskog’s Integrated Profit and Loss analysis.
- Companies who already have knowledge on environmental sustainability
- Specialists and managers who are interested and work in relation to the topic
- The training has a limited number of seats, maximum of 2 persons per company
The event is included in FIBS Pro membership fee
Angelina Kuokkanen, email@example.com