In the third Pinnalla juridiikassa webinar of 2021, Ricardo Gomes, Senior Associate at Dittmar & Indrenius and Annette Magnusson, Co-Founder of Climate Change Counsel (Stockholm, Sweden), discuss the impact of climate change related cases around the world and their implication in climate change risk mitigation of Nordic companies.
The speakers will discuss the following topics:
- The concept of climate change litigation
- Legislative framework of climate change litigation
- Why are climate change related disputes increasingly on the news?
- Landmark climate change related cases
- Have you heard about the Royal Dutch Shell judgement? The impact of the Shell judgment in your companies’ strategy
- Climate change risk mitigation and exposure.
Ricardo Gomes is a Senior Associate at Dittmar & Indrenius who is focused on international arbitration and litigation.
Mr Gomes advises clients on dispute settlement mechanisms, particularly in pre-arbitral and arbitral stages of business disputes. He represents parties in arbitrations under different arbitration rules in the fields of post M&A; contractual; shareholders’ and construction disputes. In addition, he focuses on contractual advice relating to data protection matters.
Annette Magnusson is Co-Founder of Climate Change Counsel, a legal consultancy with a focus to accelerate solutions to climate change. She is the immediate past Secretary General of the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (2010-2021) with more than 20 years’ experience of international law, including from global law firms.
Ms Magnusson is founder of the crowdsourcing initiative Stockholm Treaty Lab, which seeks to use international law to promote green investments, a frequent speaker and writer on arbitration and climate change.
- Legal counsels
- Sustainability managers
- FIBS’ members interested in the theme
The event is included in FIBS membership fee.
FIBS’ team, 040 865 1285, firstname.lastname@example.org