HRDD in supply chains
During this session we will discuss how to build HRDD for the supply chain and integrate human rights with supplier management.
In this FIBS Practice -event you will hear…
- How do you engage with suppliers on the topic?
- How and when do you need to consult with affected stakeholders in the supply chain?
- Can we rely on supplier audits and self assessment questionnaires?
- When do we need to do a HRIA on our suppliers?
We will have a guest speaker from Outokumpu, Hannah Strattman, senior sustainable sourcing manager. She will share Outokumpu’s experiences and learnings on building an HRDD process, engaging with suppliers, conducting HRIAs with suppliers, and stakeholder dialogue with affected stakeholders.
The session will also continue exploring the EU proposed CSDD directive and discuss some of the key gaps and overlaps between the UNGPs and CSDD, including the concepts of established business relationships, contractual cascading, due diligence policy, external verification, industry practice and certification schemes.
The CSDD outlines that companies should not only act on impacts that they have identified, but also impacts that it was reasonable that companies should have known about. How to effectively respond to this in practice?
The event is organized online.
The event is part of the Business and Human Rights Group 2022. Members sign up to attend all 4 sessions included in this group: 10.3., 9.6., 27.10., and 1.12. Register here.
Business and Human Rights Group 2022
Business & Human Rights Group aims to provide multinational Finnish companies an arena for creative dialogue, knowledge building and experience sharing in the field of business and human rights.
This is an opportunity for the participants to stay abreast of the rapid developments within the field of business and human rights. The training will focus on “the how” – methods, tools and how to work in practice.
Members sign up to attend all 4 sessions included in this group. Please note that the registration is binding. You need to register only once to attend all sessions.
- 10.03.2022 at 8.30am-12.00pm, online
- 09.06.2022 at 8.30am-12.30pm, online
- 27.10.2022 at 8.30am-12.30pm, online
- 01.12.2022 at 8.30am-12.30pm, Hotel U14, Unioninkatu 14, Helsinki
The group on Business & Human Rights 2022 is facilitated by Enact Sustainable Strategies which is a values-led consultancy specializing in sustainable business development and corporate responsibility. The group was organized for the first time in 2019 and continued in 2020 and 2021. The series has received excellent feedback from the participants.
- FIBS Pro members ; Large and middle sized companies that have already started integrating human rights into their business practices,
- Sustainability managers or alike, who are responsible for managing human rights in their organization
- Participants who are open to share their knowledge, experiences and challenges when it comes to human rights
- Limited number of seats, maximum of 2 person per company
- If there are more registrants than can be included in the group, priority will be given to those who already have experience in implementing human rights due diligence in practice and are willing to share their experience with other participants
The event is included in FIBS Pro service fee.
The participation can be cancelled 48h before the event via the link in the confirmation email. If you cannot attend the event, please ask your colleague to participate on your behalf.
FIBS’ team, 040 865 1285, firstname.lastname@example.org
FIBS reserves the right to all changes.