In this event you will learn
- How does one effectively respect human rights in the Chinese context?
- How can one most effectively engage with stakeholders on the ground?
- What can we learn from what is happening in Xinjiang? What is the Chinese narrative to what is happening? What is the Western narrative to what is happening?
- Practically, how can companies conduct HRDD in a Chinese context now?
Over the past years, it has become increasingly challenging for Western companies to address human rights in a Chinese context. As Chinese market powers globally expand, regional tensions are becoming more pronounced, and pressures are also increasing on businesses.
During this session we will discuss the business and human rights in the context in China. We will listen to experts with experience from China and human rights. We will hear civil society voices on the human rights situation, and we will listen to company example(s).
The session will provide various opportunities for members to bring forward their own concerns, discuss challenges and learn from others.
Speakers will be announced closer to the session. You are welcome to send your specific questions in advance to the organisers. Warmly welcome to one of the most exciting sessions of the year!
- FIBS Pro members ; Large and middle sized companies that have already started integrating human rights into their business practices,
- Sustainability managers or alike, who are responsible for managing human rights in their organization
- Participants who are open to share their knowledge, experiences and challenges when it comes to human rights
- Limited number of seats, maximum of 1 person per company
- If there are more registrants than can be included in the group, priority will be given to those who already have experience in implementing human rights due diligence in practice and are willing to share their experience with other participants
- Members sign up to attend all 3 sessions included in this Focus group. Please note that the registration is binding. You need to register only once here to attend all sessions.
- Training sessions are organized:
- 10.6. Business & Human Rights 1/3
- 23.9. Business & Human Rights 2/3
- 25.11. Business & Human Rights 3/3
About FIBS Focus Group on Business & Human Rights
FIBS Focus group on Business & Human Rights aims to provide multinational Finnish companies an arena for creative dialogue, knowledge building and experience sharing in the field of business and human rights.
This is an opportunity for the participants to stay abreast of the rapid developments within the field of business and human rights. The training will focus on “the how” – methods, tools and how to work in practice.
The FIBS Focus group on Business & Human Rights 2021 is facilitated by Enact Sustainable Strategies which is a values-led consultancy specializing in sustainable business development and corporate responsibility. The group was organized for the first time in 2019 and continued in 2020. The series has received excellent feedback from the participants.
The event is included in FIBS Pro membership fee.
FIBS’ team, 040 865 1285, fibs(at)fibsry.fi