In this event you will
- Learn what currently constitutes global good practice on HRDD
- Hear case examples of what HRDD looks like internally and in practice
- Learn what constitutes good practice in terms of integrating HRDD into internal controls; risk, audit and compliance
- Share and learn by others’ experiences of different practical tools and approaches
Welcome to a day of learning and sharing experiences relating to HRDD in practice!
FIBS Focus group on Business & Human Rights aims to provide multinational Finnish companies an arena for creative dialogue, knowledge building and experience sharing in the field of business and human rights.
This is an opportunity for the participants to stay abreast of the rapid developments within the field of business and human rights. The training will focus on “the how” – methods, tools and how to work in practice. The group was organized for the first time in 2019 and continued in 2020. The series has received excellent feedback from the participants.
The theme of the first session of FIBS Focus group on Business & Human Rights is human rights due diligence in practice.
Good practice and company examples
Sandra Atler, Head of Human Rights and Business Practice Group, Enact
12.00 Lunch break
Good practice and company examples continued
Integrating HRDD into risk, audit and compliance
Roger Branigin, Senior Advisor, Enact
16.00 End of the day
The FIBS Focus group on Business & Human Rights 2021 is facilitated by Enact Sustainable Strategies which is a values-led consultancy specializing in sustainable business development and corporate responsibility.
The session will be opened by Reetta Loponen, Enact’s Head of Finland operations, and facilitated by Sandra Atler, Head of Enact Human Rights and Business Practice Group.
Roger Branigin is a US lawyer working on HRDD and Enact’s Senior Advisor. He is recognized as a thought leader in integrating human rights due diligence into internal controls, and has worked with the UN Working Group on Business and Human Rights on this topic. Roger served as a member of Special Rapporteur John Ruggie’s attorney roundtable group during the development of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and founded a UN-sponsored private sector initiative to develop best practices in corporate human rights due diligence.
- FIBS Pro members ; Large and middle sized companies that have already started integrating human rights into their business practices,
- Sustainability managers or alike, who are responsible for managing human rights in their organization
- Participants who are open to share their knowledge, experiences and challenges when it comes to human rights
- Limited number of seats, maximum of 1 person per company
- If there are more registrants than can be included in the group, priority will be given to those who already have experience in implementing human rights due diligence in practice and are willing to share their experience with other participants
- Members sign up to attend all 3 sessions included in this Focus group. Please note that the registration is binding. You need to register only once here to attend all sessions.
- Training sessions are organized:
The event is included in FIBS Pro membership fee.
FIBS’ team, 040 865 1285, fibs(at)fibsry.fi