This FIBS Focus group
- provides forward-looking companies an arena for creative dialogue, knowledge building and experience sharing in the field of business and human rights
- offers a great opportunity for you to stay abreast of the rapid developments within the field of business and human rights, and learn about “the how” – methods, tools and how to work in practice
In this first session you will learn
- why a company such as yours should work strategically, and with a systematic approach to human rights
- what are the arguments and how can you convince your management team that human rights should be an integrated part of your sustainability work
We will focus on how to create internal leverage within the organization and also external leverage over business partners. Additionally, an important step to fully integrate human rights in an organization is to make sure that its human rights risks are identified and handled in a systematic manner. As such, we will also discuss and share inspirational cases of how human rights can be a part of the risk management.
10.00 Registration, coffee and breakfast
10.15 Welcome speech
Mattias Iweborg, CEO and Co-Founder of Enact Sustainable Strategies
Training and case exercises: How to build the business case for a systematic approach to human rights
Sharing: Our human rights work so far – networking and sharing experiences and challenges in the network
Inspiration: How to integrate human rights into risk management
16.00 Session ends
- Large and middle sized companies that have a sincere ambition to integrate human rights into business practices
- Sustainability managers or alike, who deal with legal, HR, communications, business development, corporate responsibility, quality control, work safety, procurement or stakeholder relations related topics, and are responsible for managing human rights in their organization
- Participants who are open to share their knowledge, experiences and challenges when it comes to human rights
- The Focus group has a limited number of seats, maximum of 2 persons per company
This group is open for FIBS Pro members.
Members sign up for a year to attend all 4 sessions included in this Focus group. The sessions are structured around three main elements: training, inspiration and sharing as well as networking opportunities. Two sessions will be organized during the spring and two in the autumn:
- 20.2. Why an organization such as yours should work strategically, and with a systematic approach to human rights
- 29.5. What works in integrating human rights into company operations and how to best ensure human rights due diligence is being carried out attentively
- 11.9. How to manage a human rights crisis and how to avoid such crisis with diligent supply chain management
- 3.12. Trends and tools that are currently shaping best practice for human rights reporting, and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Human rights agenda
Thomas Trier Hansen is a Danish lawyer engaged with Enact Sustainable Strategies. He has more than 18 years of professional experience with human rights and labor related issues in the Nordics as well as internationally from working in more than 45 countries in Latin America; Africa; Europe and Asia. He has vast experience with human rights risk mapping and assessments and is regularly carrying out assignments for the EU as an expert on human rights. Thomas is also a member of the GRI stakeholder council.
Mattias Iweborg, CEO and CO-Founder, Enact Sustainable Strategies,has worked as an international advisor within the field of responsible business and sustainability for the past 17 years. He has worked actively with business and human rights since 2001, when he and Volvo Cars launched a global diversity initiative together with the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights. Mattias has since then started a number of international business initiatives on issues such as human rights, among them The Swedish Network for Business and Human Rights.
The event is included in FIBS Pro membership fee.
Miira Kokkonen, 044 367 3632, miira.kokkonen(at)fibsry.fi