In this FIBS Webinar, you will
- Get an overview of Natural Climate Solutions (NCS) and the Voluntary Carbon Market
- Learn the business case for investment in nature and what are high-quality and high-integrityNCS
- Hear a case study of high-quality NCS in practice
- Learn what businesses should consider when investing in carbon credits
Climate, nature and finance are top the agenda with the upcoming COP27 and COP15.
Natural climate solutions (NCS), such as maintaining and restoring healthy forests, agricultural land and coastal ecosystems, have potential in reducing the emissions to limit global warming. In addition, they provide many socio-economic & environmental benefits, such as the preservation and restoration of biodiversity, provision of ecosystem services and support sustainable livelihoods. But despite their vast potential, NCS attract little public and private investment.
Businesses must understand the opportunities associated with Natural Climate Solutions and how they can help tackle climate change and biodiversity loss while also providing numerous socio-economic benefits to local communities and society at large. Learn more about the role that businesses can play in financing them through the voluntary carbon market by purchasing high-quality NCS voluntary carbon credits alongside their decarbonization strategies.
This webinar seeks to provide climate ambitious businesses with information on why and when to use NCS credits, what high-integrity high-quality NCS look like and finally how to procure and account for them.
Participants will gain a foundation in the definition and the business case for NCS in relation to net zero journeys and SbTI. They will also be provided with tools to take next steps, namely knowing the main players and standards in relation to the Voluntary Carbon Market.
- Angelina Kuokkanen, CSR Specialist, FIBS
- Jennica Gordon, Associate, Natural Climate Solutions Alliance
- Julian Hill-Landolt, Director, Membership Support & Business Intelligence, WBCSD
- Linden Edgell, Global Sustainability Director, ERM Foundation
- Zoe Quiroz-Cullen, Director of the Climate & Nature Linkages programme, Fauna & Flora International
- Dharsono Hartono, CEO, Rimba Makmur Utama
- Anna Lehmann, Global Climate Policy Director, Wildlife Works
- Kati Tammilehto, COO, Partner, PwC
- Mikkel Larsen, Chief Executive Officer, Climate Impact X
The webinar is organized in cooperation with The Natural Climate Solutions Alliance. The NCS Alliance conveys the voice of businesses, NGOs and solution providers on the need to mobilize a high integrity demand for high quality NCS.
Anyone interested in climate finance and Natural Climate Solutions. Everyone who registers will get the recording via email.
The event is included in FIBS membership fee. Register to receive the link as well as the event recording after the webinar.
FIBS webinar participation can be cancelled free of charge.
FIBS’ team, 040 865 1285, firstname.lastname@example.org