In this FIBS Impact workshop you will get:
- A brief overview of the TCFD’s Recommendations;
- A summary of learnings from WBCSD’s work with three sector-focussed “preparer forums”;
- A deep-dive look at reporting on strategic resilience, including through evidence that may be found in your company’s financial statements;
- A deep-dive look at how your companies long term strategy and strategic opportunities can be used to respond to the TCFD’s recommendations;
- Examples of the way in which leading companies are already responding to the TCFD’s recommendations
Financial markets need better, more comparable and complete information about climate change. The Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) aims to address this issue through their Recommendations, designed to help companies disclose climate-related financial risks and opportunities.
To support the implementation of the recommendations WBCSD has helped companies by producing tools, guidances and case studies on the issues.
The workshop is run by WBCSD expert Lois Guthrie, Director, Redefining Value.
After the workshop you will understand how to use the TCFD recommendations in conjunction with your existing corporate information, drawing on other company examples where appropriate, in order to prepare a robust TCFD response that is coherent with the company’s other mainstream disclosures.
WBCSD (World Business Council for Sustainable Development) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. WBCSD help make their member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies. The member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing a combined revenue of more than US$8.5 trillion and with 19 million employees. WBCSD’s Global Network of almost 70 national business councils – including FIBS – gives members unparalleled reach across the globe. WBCSD is uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver high-impact business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues. Together, WBCSD is the leading voice of business for sustainability: united by a vision of a world where more than 9 billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
- FIBS Perus members
- Large and middle-sized companies who are, or are planning on disclosing their climate related financial risks and opportunities
- Professionals in finance, communications, business development, and corporate responsibility
- Max 2 participants / company
The event is included in FIBS Perus membership fee
Miira Kokkonen, email@example.com, 044 367 3632
In cooperation with